Federal health officials have now recommended that we cover our faces with MASKS during the coronavirus pandemic. But what material offers the most protection?
Where can the public buy Masks?
You may purchase your masks on the shop section of our website.
For every mask purchased, one will be donated to a front line worker in need. If you are a front line worker/organization in need email us a picture of your medical Id/badge and your shipping address and we will ship you a complimentary mask. Email all inquiries to Info@luminora.com
Where can Wholesalers or Organizations purchase masks in bulk?
We are currently taking bulk pre-orders for our protective face mask (minimum 200). We can also brand the masks with your own logo. Current lead time 2-3 weeks. Place your orders here.
Can I create my own mask?
Sewn Cloth Face Covering
- Two 10”x6” rectangles of fabric
- Two 6” pieces of elastic (or rubber bands, string, cloth strips, or hair ties)
- Needle and thread (or bobby pin)
- Sewing machine
- Cut out two 10-by-6-inch rectangles of fabric. Use tightly woven fabrics (Luminology Technology). Stack the two rectangles; you will sew the mask as if it was a single piece of fabric.
- Fold over the long sides ¼ inch and hem. Then fold the double layer of fabric over ½ inch along the short sides and stitch down.
- Run a 6-inch length of 1/8-inch wide elastic through the wider hem on each side of the mask. These will be the ear loops. Use a large needle or a bobby pin to thread it through. Tie the ends tight. Don’t have elastic? Use hair ties or elastic head bands. If you only have string, you can make the ties longer and tie the mask behind your head.
- Gently pull on the elastic so that the knots are tucked inside the hem. Gather the sides of the mask on the elastic and adjust so the mask fits your face. Then securely stitch the elastic in place to keep it from slipping.
Quick Cut T-shirt Face Covering (no-sew method)
- Tightly woven fabric
Bandana Face Covering (no-sew method)
- Fabric (approximately 20”x20”)
- Coffee filter
- Rubber bands (or hair ties)
- Scissors (if you are cutting your own cloth)
We do not claim that our Luminology Technology fabrics completely protect or prevent you from contracting or transmitting COVID-19, other viruses or bacterias. The use of our fabrics (or masks ) are only barriers to confine droplets from sneezing or coughing. Our fabrics/masks only act as a barrier between you and the outside world. This is a great way to protect your mouth and face from any external hazards such as smoke, dust, ash, pollen, allergy, germs, fog and haze and vehicle exhaust. As with all health decisions, please consult with your trusted medical professional to determine whether our fabrics/masks are compatible to your personal medical needs. We make no medical claims with regard to the usage of our fabrics or masks.